Friday, March 3, 2023

Reina Park: Projection 2 Tape Mapping

Concept:



For this project, I decided to create a composition of my scenes to be themed around fractal geometry. I started my project by taping an object on the wall: broccoli. I chose broccoli as an object to tape due to its sophisticated geometric nature. I utilized a projector in the 3D Studio to tape broccoli to start. 







Techniques:


 




I first created an SVG file in Adobe Illustrator to tape and utilize the lines in MadMapper.  I focused on how I could interpret and visualize the concept of fractal geometry, along with the object I chose to tape, broccoli, while exploring the MadMapper software. I also added an MP3 file to modify lines and quads by adding controls that automatically adjust each component I created and the musical elements, such as beat and amplitude. 





 

For my first scene, I used two different lines to utilize the taped lines and applied two different materials: Strob and [recode]_The_Chemical_Brothers. For the first line with the Strob material, I created a control list to modify the speed and offset of the lines along with the music in that I utilized the chained chase FX. For the second line, I created a different control list to modify the count and scale of the circles along with the MP3 file I imported. I also changed the color to mint to make my composition look more pop. I also created seven different quads with different materials (Chanel, Kali Circuit, Lignettes, Neon Dance, Starfield, Twisted, and Ribbons) to fill the inside of the broccoli. I utilized Vertex Noise FX and grouped the quads to make them move as a group so it doesn’t look too chaotic. 







For my second scene, I created three different broccolis that are inspired by professor Scott’s demo.

For the first broccoli, I applied the Infinite Cube material to my line and added a control that automatically adjusts its scale and angle according to the mp3 file that I imported. In the top part of the first broccoli, I utilized the Liquid Tail material with a control that modifies the scale of the material. In the bottom part of the broccoli, I used the Wire Tubes material and added a control that modifies the scale. 

I created two lines with different materials and controls for the second broccoli. In the firstling, I used the Noisy Barcode material with a control that automatically adds curves to the lines and a control that adjusts the hue value. In the second line, I utilized the SquareWave material. In the top part of the broccoli, I used the Neon Dance material with the Pixelate FX. In the bottom part, I found a WaveShapes material with controls that adjust the speed and tunnel of the material, which adds a geometric feeling to my composition.

Finally, I created two lines utilizing the Spectral Aim with shift scale adjustment and Glowing Dots materials with color adjustment for my third broccoli. To fill my lines in, I utilized the Caustics material with Voronoize FX, and control that changes the saturation of the FX, and an automatic scale adjustment to make the quad glow. 







I create two lines for my third scene to create an appealing composition. I used the Electrified  material with noise adjustment controls. For the second line, I utilized the Noise FX-flow with the Bubble Rings material to make my lines look like they were dancing to the MP3 file I imported. I also created two quads to fill in my lines. I utilized the Liquid Topo material along with the Pixelate FX for the top part of my broccoli. For the bottom part of the broccoli, I used the Organic material. 







Interpretation:






I got a great opportunity to explore a lot more about the materials and FXs in the MadMapper library while creating my compositions. Moreover, since I added an MP3 file that matches my overall theme: fractal geometry, I experimented with different control lists that automatically adjust various components in the MadMapper software. It was a wonderful experience, and I was able to visualize my abstract artistic thought by learning deeply about the MadMapper software. 

No comments:

Post a Comment