Sunday, March 5, 2023

Rina Harrison Project 2: Tape Mapping

 Concepts: 

The main idea that I wanted to convey through this project was Atmosphere, as the idea of Night Skating isnt a common pastime but I wanted to create the atmosphere of what a late night skating session would look and sound like. I centered my idea around the Skate graphic and thought about elements that would compliment it, like old school HipHop, bright neon colors, and shaky recordings of tricks. 

 

 

Techniques:

This project had me really diving into the Layers and Masks systems afforded by Madmapper, specifically in the 2nd scene where the first video appears. Importing the .SVG file and the initial placement of the tape mockup were early sticking points, but were built around throughout the process (Even if it would have been better moved in hindsight). Using the MADLines for other copies of the skate was fun to do, using different parts of the SVG to light up different chunks of the skate for different scenes was cool and I used that knowledge more in the concurrent Omni Video project.

    Interpretations: 

    When I look and listen to this, I feel like I'm looking at something I would build my capstone project     off of, not because this project is that level of quality, but due to the topics and aesthetics behind it.        During this project, I had been developing my capstone idea of a Music Video about the skating            culture of UTD and this project was diffidently influenced by that idea. I do worry that this                   production is on the similar side compared to others, but the use of Satellite Disco by 2Mello as the        backing track really helped me in going in a direction I think was beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment