Monday, February 12, 2018

Amanda Garrison : Project 2 : Tape Mapping

Amanda Garrison
Project 1: Crane Project

Concept
 I really liked the way the crane looked like folded paper so I decided to pick that one to work with first. I also chose this one to be the design I made my commercial composition for. I really like color and texture so I played around with that a lot in these designs. 

Process and Interpretation
The first composition I made entirely from mad mapper. I messed with the available options they had for animations, and I wanted to make it look like the lines and everything went where it should and I wanted to colors to make sence.
I wanted it to feel uplifting and carefree. I also kept the background blacked out so the crane looked more cut out. 









For my second composition, I did a lot of work in Adobe Premiere to make a video of for the background so I could sync it with music. I had a lot of fun with this one, although in the end, it didn't turn out exactly how I wanted. I did like what I ended up with very much. Happy Accidents.







Concept
 I also enjoyed the ideas i was having for the lantern design so I chose to also work with it. I figured I could make something happen inside the flame and make the lantern look 3D.

Process and Interpretation
The first composition I made entirely from mad mapper, just like i did with my first crane. I got the 3d look I was trying to go for and included vibrant colors and textures. 
layers upon layers and masks. I wanted to make it look like it had metal and glass.








Then for the last design, I got creative in Adobe Premiere again so that I could sync it up with a song. I used photoshop to paint multiple png layers that I could layer on top of my videos to make the layers interact and look animated.






No comments:

Post a Comment