Monday, February 12, 2018

James Hoggatt:Project2 Tape Mapping

Project 1: Marfa Tx


I recently took a trip to Marfa Taxes where I collected videos of texture and scenery to show on the right side of our two projector setup. I then mapped out and organized all of the quads so that I could show footage from the trip on to it.


This is what it looks like with just the surfaces mapped to generative textures.







Project 2: Space X

Last week Space X launched the largest and most powerful rocket to date. In it was a Tesla Roadster that is now in orbit. There is a mannequin in the passenger seat and rocket man repeating on the radio. I couldn't help myself from doing something with this truly monuments and hilarious occasion.


I also mixed in footage from another video project of mine you can find at the link below. It mixed very well as it was a statement on our effect on the world and the feeling of wanting to escape earth that so many seem to be experiencing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTclws6PVas




Project 3: Big Cats

In this project I got really creative with a program called Osciscope and mixed it with footage of a tiger  I distorted in Blender. Also the song in the background has mountain lion growls hence the name Big Cats. This video contains a finished composition of numerous looks and is set to music.


This link is the video that is ready to be projected. it has the same content as the video above

This a node setup in Blender that I made to distort the video of lions and tigers.


This is what osciscope looks like. it has a port for blender so all I had to do was trace the lion in blender and export the mesh to get started. This program has a plethora of stackable effects that really light up any mesh.


No comments:

Post a Comment