Sunday, January 21, 2018

Cameron Richardson Projection A1

     For my first attempt at projection mapping I decided on creating a sense of simple motion pulling the eye in a certain direction. I wanted to use patterns that moved simply from one direction to another.

     The techniques I used were fairly simple so I could become more familiar with clicking around Madmapper and messing with preset effects. This project dealt a lot with understanding how to invert mask objects as well as keeping the projection consistent throughout especially if the projection was to go behind something but still be visible else where.

   
     For the second projection I went with making my image feel retextured. This image was taken outside and I felt the need to give the sky a stormy and eerie feel and recolor the house to appear like goldish bricks.

     The techniques were very similar though a bit trickier. The process of inverting the mask for all of the windows was interesting and the copying of layers so that the patter does not feel interrupted was quite tedious. This project also made use of a lot of line animation just to highlight the shape and lining of the windows.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment