Monday, January 22, 2018

Ritwik Kaikini : Project 1 Background Mapping (Library Disco)

Ritwik Kaikini
01-22-2018
Project 1 Background Mapping - LIBRARY DISCO

The Space:
Fig 1.0 The Library (1920*1080 : image size)
Concept:
A library is a silent space to contemplate and study. Silence Please! As a born rebel, I always like going against norms. I wanted to transform this entire space into something which speaks its opposite self, like a mirror image to its silence and dormant nature. I wanted to transform it into a disco of dancing light.  The interiors of a library is also filled with geometrical natural quads, namely,  books, cupboards, shelves, racks, doors, floors and ceilings.

Technique:
  • I set the background image on MadMapper as the above fig 1.0. Made sure the projector size is same as the image size.
  • I divided the left and the right racks on each shelf into several quads, grouped them together as seen in fig 1.1. 

Fig 1.1 Quad separation of shelves

  • I also divided the floors and the ceiling into quads. 
  • I kept empty racks at the top/bottom on the left and right. I placed groups of Lines here, vertically inclined as in fig 1.1. 
Fig 1.2 Quad additions

  • I added more quads to the left most wooden face of the cupboard and towards the interior till the door in the distance. 
  • Fig 1.3 Mask additions to door and floor
  • I then masked a few patterns on the floor quad and the door quad as seen in fig 1.3.
  • Fig 1.4 Middle Quad addition
  • Finally I added a quad in between the two shelves like another door as seen in fig 1.4.
Interpretation:
Played around with all possible settings and iterations, using the materials on the right.
Here's a video of one of the presets : 



Music by Synctote: https://soundcloud.com/tornpages/hypnotick-3674


No comments:

Post a Comment