Monday, May 10, 2021

Afifah Mazhar Final Project

 Concept: 

    For this project I had wanted to do something different from what I had previously done and step out of my comfort zone. Also, as graduation is drawing nearer for me, I wanted to do something that incorporated both my Computer Science Major as well as my Design Major. For this reason I decided to combine this project with a shape recognition program I have been working on. As such, I wanted this project to represent a merge between tech and old school. The biggest example of this merge I could think of was the contrast between Iron Man and Captain America.

Technique:

    The way I ended up creating this piece was by first inputting the pictures I would want to map on to in to my program. The program I have been working on was written in python and works by analyzing hard edges and color differences around surfaces. It then averages out the general location based on how intense the edge/color difference is. 

      After I got the shapes back, I used them as masks in my mad mapper set up. These masks were the ones I projected on in the video seen below. From there, I simply added all the different scenes I wanted to play and made them flow together. Lastly, I exported this video and uploaded it to YouTube. 

Interpretation:

    


 

     The main reason I chose the subject that I did was because I wanted something that showed a mix between "new tech and old tech" (as Tony and Steve often call it). I thought they would perfectly represent my concept because, Iron Man is always trying to enhance and improve things to the next level. While Captain America is always falling back on the basics and the tried and true. However, despite their differences they are still able to work together harmoniously when it is needed the most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment