Monday, May 3, 2021

Vanessa Le Project 4: Creative Expression

Project 4: Creative Expression

Concept:
For this final project, I chose summer as the theme. This project is similar to the relief project as well as the shoe project that we did this semester. It includes a variety of summer activities or summer themed events. The song that I chose for this is called “Palm Trees” by Surfaces, which also goes along well with the overall concept of this project.

Techniques:
Similar to project 3, I used the spatial scanning technique to capture my background and boxes that I used as my relief. After Effects was the software that I mainly used to create compositions and different animations for this project.

To capture the theme of summer, I used a couple of videos from my past summer vacation of a beach and a harbor. I also used a bright and warm color palette, as well as cool colors to contrast with it, when needed.

Since this was the final project, I wanted to include things that I’ve never tried to in past projects like videos and audio visuals, so I had a lot of fun working with those. I also wanted to use text for this, just to see how it would work. Text is also something that I never added in past projects, so I wanted to experiment with that as well. I also incorporated everything that I’ve learned in this class into the final project. 




Interpretation:
The outcome of my final project.

The summer themed relief mapping.

The idea of creating the two boxes as “people” was pretty fun for me and it helped me convey certain ideas of scenery, especially the harbor and the scuba-diving one. I like the idea of being able to project something that can make simple boxes look entirely different, which is something I lacked in the last relief project. 



No comments:

Post a Comment