Monday, May 10, 2021

Imran Shakoor: Project 2 Shoe Mapping

 Concept: I recently got these all white FILA shoes that were asking to be mapped on. I had recently been listening to a lot of old music so Linkin Park came to mind. I decided to use both and create a fictional collab between the shoe company FILA and the band Linkin Park for promotional purposes (not that LP needs any at all). 

Technique: I placed the shoe on a chair that was covered with a grey blanket. I masked the entire shoe so the light would only it and not the background (I accidently moved my tripod half way through but managed after some time to get back in place with little remapping). I then masked out a couple zones where I could insert some media. I downloaded a portion of the the music video called "From the Inside" and allowed it to play in the center of the shoe. I applied the blue on the left and the slow strobe over the logo because I felt these added to the lighter melancholic beginning part of the song. In addition I like how the blue glowy particles felt calm and the transition that they would eventually make when the vibe of the song switched. At the bottom of the shoe I applied a texture and text on a mesh, so it would snake through. When the vibe of the song switched to loud metal I called upon the next cue which turned the blue particles have a red background and made the particles themselves orange so they looked like embers in a fire. On the right side of the shoe I kept the soundwave material so the audience could see the shift in size when the vibe changed. I put a particle accelerator FX on the FILA logo and switched up the color to add the craziness that could be matched to the music video and the music. I also made the text scroll through faster and changed the font to something more impactful.

Interpretation: I quite literally wanted the shoe to act as a TV. With the music video playing in the middle that acted as a screen, and with the visual of what the sound looked like on the right with the soundwave, and on the left with the particles, those acted like "visual speakers". Like my first project, I was going with the promotional aspect so that is why I left the title of the song on the bottom of the show for people to see. It was like a MTV when all they played were music videos, on a shoe. 



No comments:

Post a Comment