Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Akhil Mulukutla: Final Project

 

Concept:

The concept is a free form psychedelic show using the pyramids to match the techno vibe of Daft Punk's Derezzed from the movie TRON: Legacy. The original idea was to create a horizontal pyramid view to emulate a ancient city, but the projector struggled with lighting the pyramids evenly due to the shadows cast. Eventually I moved on to projecting onto them vertically to get even lighting.



Technique: 

To begin, I started by printing out the templates for the pyramids. Three large ones and three smaller ones make up the main pattern. After cutting out and assembling all the pyramids, I taped them to a wall and set up my projector directly in front of the display with as little space between the two. The reason I did this was so that the colors wouldn't get washed away. I set up each pattern with quads and further set them up in the scenes/cues tool. Finally I synced them up to change every 5 seconds. 






Interpretation:

The focus of the project is to be the pyramids themselves as they interact with their background. To accomplish this I recreated all the pyramids in madmapper using quads so that I could add patterns to them as well. I used multiple effects provided by madmapper but messed with each setting till I liked the final product. Overall this project was a blast as changing the settings allowed me to find new forms for the elements making the project look more unique.


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment