Monday, May 10, 2021

Imran Shakoor: Project 1 Background Mapping

Concept: I wanted to envision what it would be like to advertise for music artists around Dallas. Using projection mapping I want to project billboard size projections of them to promote their upcoming projects. 

Technique: I created masks over two walls, and then one mask over the bridge area in the middle of the backdrop. Each mask required two layers, one for the photo, video, or text, and one for some texturing to make the scene more interesting and cohesive. The colors I chose for the textures were based off certain colors from the album covers that stood out to me. For example, for Donatella by Brione, she gave me a gold vibe so I went with that color for the textures. In addition, I chose fonts that matched the artists album's as well. I created three scenes and had a fade on each of them to switch seamlessly between artists.

Interpretation: All three artist displayed are from Dallas. All know about each other and the dynamic between these upcoming artists are that they all support each other and can be seeing rocking the stage one after the other at various shows that happened recently in Dallas. The projections are suppose to be being enough to depict each artist as larger than life. With a short clip of them doing their thing alongside their album cover, all in one geographical location, it allows the audience to familiarize with them in a very short amount of time.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment