Monday, May 3, 2021

Project 4 Ysatis Muniz

Concept: 

Using the song "Cut My Hair" by Mounika and Cavetown, I wanted to portray a kind of sad and rainy theme that matched how the song felt.

Techniques: 

I used the same box that I projected on for my last project, but this time I decided to put it on the floor and have the corner facing the camera, so that the box could be at an angle. I also project on this nice flower hanging thing because I thought it would be cool to project on. 



Since the flower has separate sections of it (different outlines) I thought that it would be cool to project something different onto each area. Originally I mapped the full outline of the hanging flower, and then made masks in the same layer for each inner flower outline. However, I then made different layers for each outline and just copied and pasted the according mask in the layer. This probably wasn't a good/right way to do it, but I confused myself so I left it how it was. 
For the box, I used a grid on the mesh warping option to have it conform to the box and not distort the projection on the box or have it look flat. I decided not to map onto the top of the box because it wouldn't even be able to be seen anyways. I was originally going to film and project at a different angle so that the top of the box would be seen, but it didn't work out so I just resorted to a straight on angle. I only used lines a couple of times for the circle in the middle of the flower. I used a lot of effects that looked like rain or clouds to accompany the rainy backgrounds.  On one of the last cues where it portrays someone sitting in a train, I used an effect that looks like light moving to make it look like the moon passing was giving off light.



Interpretation: 

I tried to project what this song makes me feel. It gives me sad vibes and the feeling of being empty, so I wanted to portray that with rain. There’s also a kind of fuzzy sound in the background of the song that kind of sounds like rain, so that helped match the vibes that I set for the project. For the first cue that had the daisies, I wanted to portray a kind of sweet, mellow vibe that the introduction of the song gives me so I included a calm, soothing background accompanied with calm patterns. For the following cues where it's alternating between the daisies and a static background, I wanted to do a kind of static/intermission look to look like it's cutting in and out, and I did it along with the music where there's a certain key that is played. When the background music cuts out so that we are only left listening to they key being played, I switch in between the static background and a plain white background. I showed the plain white background when there is no noise the signify emptiness. When the music starts again I switch to a rainy background, which shows that we kind of switched moods/vibes. The rest of the video is just different cues with the same vibes.




No comments:

Post a Comment